Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Sergeants exam may spark fury again

Sun-Times
Thirteen years ago, the police sergeants exam became a political football in Chicago's never-ending game of racial politics when a test produced just five minority promotions out of 114.

Tee up the football. It could happen again.

One month after mailing test scores to would-be sergeants, the Daley administration is refusing to release a racial breakdown of top-scoring candidates.


Who other than Fran Spielman was questioning the racial breakdown and the reason for the delay in releasing the result? Nowhere in the article does it mention any alderman or group that is upset by the results. Fran only rehashes the results from 13 years ago and the firestorm it created. Me thinks Fran reads Second City Cop and sees the grumblings and theories of anxious coppers.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That just pisses me off to no end. I really hope that this story gets buried and that no one reacts too quickly to the article an yanks the test.

Anonymous said...

Screw her and the city! I am a white guy and studied my ass off and am close enough that it matters! I was close on the last 2 but not enough! I'm there on this one and I did it myself! Yea I studied my ass off, and I took a paid for study group. But no one can say I DIDN'T DO IT MYSELF!!!
Read, Study, you don't have a phone call! WELL READ AND STUDY! just do it!

Anonymous said...

Doesn't she know that the department is legit now?

Anonymous said...

SOOOOOOOO?

As was stated by many before.. THIS IS WHY the CITY [Daley] waited so long to post the exam scores !!!!! Until AFTER the election!!

Exactly 7 Days after the election -the proverbial SHIT hits the fan again!

Please keep in mind that this is an open blog
that can and is read by people other than Chicago Police Officers.